Okay so I know it’s Januaray and you’re all busy doing the duck walk with that idiot Bee Gees lookalike Joe Wicks, but it’s cold and I need something warm and chocolatey. What could be better than cardamom spiced pears baked in chocolate cake? Exactly, literally nothing. So stop chomping on kale for 5 minutes and lets scoff this pear pudding. You’ve been good for almost 2 weeks now, it’s time for some oozy chocolatey goodness – you deserve it.
Cardamom, Chocolate & Pear Pudding
As featured in Families First Magazine
Serves 6 / Hands on time 30 mins / Total time 1 hr / V
You’ll need: A pestle and mortar, 8×6 inch deep oven dish
130g golden caster sugar
130g plain flour
25g Green & Black’s Organic Cocoa Powder
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarbonate soda
Pinch of salt
10 pods of cardamon, shells discarded and ground
150g unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g Green & Black’s Organic 70% Dark Chocolate
2 cans pear halves in juice, drained (415g)
Crème fraîche to serve
1. Pre-heat an oven to 190°C/170°C fan/375°F/gas mark 5. Butter an oven dish and drain the pears. Line the dish with the pears facing up and put to one side.
2. Carefully bash your cardamom pods in the pastel and mortar, discard the shells and grind until you have a powder.
3. Put the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat and melt with the powdered cardamom.
4. Meanwhile combine all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and give it a bit of a mix. Add the melted butter with the cardamom and combine well with a wooden spoon. Beat in the eggs until you have a gooey chocolate mixture.
5. Pour over the pears and distribute the mixture evenly (the mixture will be quite gooey so use a spoon to spread it to the edges).
6. Break up the dark chocolate and submerge the pieces into the batter evenly and bake for 30-35 minutes. Serve immediately with a dollop of creme fraiche.
If you’ve had a go at making any of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you. Follow me now @corrieheale and tag your recipe pictures using #corriesrabbitfood.
3 thoughts on “Cardamom, chocolate & pear pudding”
Wow, this looks so delicious and chocolatey!
LikeLiked by 2 people
It’s soooooooo good, great for a dinner party or just to eat on your own (no judgement) 😀
haha, will have to make this! I will probably eat it by myself
LikeLiked by 1 person