Everyone loves noodles and everyone loves soup. What everyone doesn’t love, are flecks of soup all over your nice new blouse. It’s a messy bugger to eat but we’ll forgive you noodle soup because you’re so tasty and quick to make. In my opinion, this recipe is worth ruining your best blouse for but if you’re precious about your clothes, pop on an old t-shirt and get stuck in. Alternatively, you could try not eating your soup like a messy hippo by daintily leaning your head over the bowl to prevent splash back. It’s up to you but personally, I’m a hippo.
Serves 2 / Hands on time 20 mins / Total time 20 mins / V Df
2 nests fine egg noodles
1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
2 handfuls of kale
2 bulbs pak choy, sliced
½ tsp of chilli flakes
Handful of sugar snap peas, roughly chopped
2 vegetable stock pots, I use Knorr
4 tbs light soy sauce
2 pinches of caster sugar
Knob of fresh ginger, finely grated
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
2 handfuls fresh coriander, chopped
4 spring onions, chopped
1. In 2 medium sized saucepans, place an individual nest of noodles into each. Finely chop the carrot, sugar snap peas and cut the pak choy into strips. Evenly distribute between both pans and add a handful of kale and a stock pot into each pan. Put to one side.
2. In 2 separate ramekins, make the dressing by adding 2 tbs of soy sauce to each along a pinch of sugar, half the fresh ginger, half the crushed garlic and the juice of half a lime. Give each a little stir until combined.
3. Chop the spring onions along with the coriander and put to one side.
4. Boil a kettle and pour the boiling water over the noodles in the saucepan until covered before bringing to the boil. Give each saucepan a stir to encourage the stock pot to infuse and simmer for a few minutes until the noodles are cooked and the vegetables are tender.
5. Carefully tip each soup into a large bowl, pour over the dressing and top with fresh coriander and spring onions.
If you’ve had a go at making any of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you. Follow me now @corrieheale and tag your recipe pictures using #corriesrabbitfood.
V – Vegetarian. Df – Dairy free
One thought on “Noodle soup”
Well, noodles and veg have been added to my shopping list!
LikeLiked by 1 person